With as many acres of land as staff, Boreatton Park really does cater for everyone.
Boreatton Park has been part of the PGL centre portfolio since 1978, adding improvements and facilities every year since, which is why there is such an astounding range of activity bases and facilities available.
From raft building in the lakes, canoeing on the river and with over 1,000 mouths to feed every week - there is a job role to suit everyone! With over 250 staff members, you will definitely find some like minded companions to spend your time with and start friendships that will last a lifetime.
Great for: Paddlers, walkers, nature lovers and meeting a whole range of new people
Season: February - November
Number of guests: 950 (aged 8-17 Schools, Families and Indies)
Number of staff: 260
Accommodation style: Staff accommodation ranges from shared log cabins, on-site houses with shared rooms and occasionally shared tents in the Summer months.
Staff facilities at Boreatton Park include:
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Sports barn and activity barn with indoor climbing wall
- Football pitch and playing fields
- The Crazy Moose and Mini Moose on-site bars
- Laundry facilities
- Wi-Fi available for staff in communal areas
- Ball Sports
- Challenge Course
- Climbing Wall
- Giant Swing
- High Ropes
- Initiative Exercises
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Low Ropes
- Pony Trekking
- Quad Biking
- Raft Building
- Rifle Shooting
- Vertical Challenge
- Zip Wire
Although Boreatton Park boasts 250 acres of adventure lovers paradise, there might be the odd occasion when you want to break out of the PGL bubble and explore the local area. The local villages of Ruyton-XI-Towns and Baschurch are only 3 short miles away, both with convenience stores and several pubs. If it’s the city lifestyle you are missing, Shrewsbury is 12 miles from the centre where you’ll be spoilt for choice with restaurants, shopping, pubs, clubs, cinema and bowling. For the gnarly adventurers - North Wales is a short drive, with plenty of climbing, walking and paddling.
Boreatton Park was built over 150 years ago and has had a colourful past – before and since being part of PGL!
- Boreatton Park hosts AIGL training courses
- Is a ‘Calendar House’ – 4 doors, 12 chimneys and 365 windows
- Offers the widest range of Activity holidays
- Has been part of PGL for over 30 years
- Boreatton Park used to be a psychiatric asylum!
Key PGL Facts
Need more convincing to apply? Surely not, but if so – here are a few ‘must know’ key facts:
- we employ over 3,000 people every year
- over 400,000 guests visit a PGL centre every year
- we are experienced! We have been providing activity holidays since 1957, thats 60 years!
- we have the most competitive staff package
- we are the employer of choice within the outdoor activity industry!