Jobs and apprenticeships at La Fosca
Our solo Spanish centre provides the back drop for a truly authentic overseas PGL season.
PGL La Fosca, on the Costa Brava, operates out of a section of the well-equipped Camping Kings site on the Costa Brava. This pristine site has all the amenities that you’ll need for everyday life and some little extras you don’t such as the pool and bowling alley.
When living and working at La Fosca you will be in walking distance of some amazing sandy beaches which are perfect for relaxing and watersports. Take a break from the beach by visiting Palamos, a 20 minute walk away and experience food, drink, music and culture of the local area.
Staff facilities at La Fosca include:
- Large outdoor swimming pool
- On-site and beach restaurants and bars
- Games room
- Phonecard payphones
- On-site ten pin bowling
- Laundry facilities
- Wi-Fi in communal areas<
- Banana Boating
- Sailing (Dinghies, Catamarans, Toppers and Funboats)
- Stand Up Paddle
- Excursions to Water Parks and Barcelona
La Fosca is located in a bustling part of the Costa Brava. The local area has a very touristy feel and means that anything you need is never too far away. There are beautiful sandy beaches a short walk away fronted with restaurants and bars making it so easy to spend a whole day at the beach on your days off. The vibrant town of Palamos is only a short walk where you can indulge in Tapas amongst a whole host of other foods. Palamos also has a great nightlife and you will be spoilt for choice with numerous clubs and bars.
Want a trip on your day off? Barcelona and Girona are within easy reach from the centre by car or bus.
- Located on a public campsite owned by the Ferrer family of Catalonia, Spain
- Surrounding area was the setting for the 1952 film ‘The Spanish Gardener’ starring Humphrey Bogart, and the 2012 Estrella beer campaign
- It’s 1.5 hours from Barcelona, whose B side football team play Palamos from time to time
- Popular stop for cruise liners and super yachts
- Home to the greatest fireworks display on the Costa Brava in honour of the Patron Saint of Spain, San Juan (St John)
- Prime location for scuba diving and snorkelling
Key PGL Facts
Need more convincing to apply? Surely not, but if so – here are a few ‘must know’ key facts:
- we employ over 3,000 people every year
- over 400,000 guests visit a PGL centre every year
- we are old! We have been providing activity holidays since 1957 (almost 60 years)
- we have the most competitive staff package
- we are the employer of choice within the outdoor activity industry!