Jobs and apprenticeships at Liddington
Work at PGL's newest and now biggest outdoor activity centre.
Offering Multi-Activity, Netball and Dance courses and even Man Utd Soccer School weekends, you would think that Liddington has been purposely built as a PGL centre. A former hotel and conference centre, Liddington has plenty to offer whether you are an old hat when it comes to outdoor adventures or if it's your first time in the great outdoors then there will be someone to show you the 'ropes'.
Within Liddington's 150 acre grounds you'll find watersports lakes, tree top adventures and climbing and abseiling walls.
Great for: Meeting new people, trying new activities, development opportunities, sports clubs and transport links for exploring
Season: February - November
Number of guests: 1000 (7-17 year olds, Schools, Families and Unaccompanied Children)
Number of staff: 250
Accommodation style: Staff are accommodated in purpose-built, shared rooms, some staff accommodation is brand new and only opened in early 2014. Some rooms are en suite.
Staff facilities at Liddington include:
- Modern Gym
- Floodlit all-weather sports pitch
- 15 full size football pitches
- Communal staff rooms with TV, fridge, microwave etc.
- On-site Bar
- On-site Shop
- Ball Sports
- Crate Challenge
- First Aid
- Giant Swing
- Initiative Exercises
- Jacobs Ladder
- Low Level Ropes Course
- Mountain Bike Trail
- Nature Trail
- Open Canoeing
- Quad Biking
- Raft Building
- Sensory Trail
- Tree Top Study Trail
- Tunnel Trail
- Vertical Challenge
- Zip Wire
If you want to get off centre and explore during your well deserved days off then there are plenty of things for you to do. For any ‘essentials’ that you might need, the local village has a shop, post office and a few pubs. For those of you wanting to be entertained or are in the need for some retail therapy then Swindon is only 4 miles from the centre. Here you’ll find a variety of shopping areas (including a Designer Outlet), leisure centres with the Link Centre containing an ice skating rink and climbing wall, cinemas, restaurants, bars, pubs and museums.
Want to know a little bit more about Liddington?
- Liddington was formally a 4* hotel and conference centre
- Due to its location on centre (right next to the bar) the gym is called the ‘Gym ‘n’ Tonic’
- Liddington has 15 full size football pitches!
- Liddington has plenty of clubs and groups that you can join to meet new people
Key PGL Facts
Need more convincing to apply? Surely not, but if so – here are a few ‘must know’ key facts:
- we employ over 3,000 people every year
- over 400,000 guests visit a PGL centre every year
- we are experienced! We have been providing activity holidays since 1957, thats 60 years!
- we have the most competitive staff package
- we are the employer of choice within the outdoor activity industry!