IT Servicedesk Technician
IT operations are seeking a dynamic problem solver, who has the capacity to learn about and support the Holidaybreak Education Division IT Servicedesk.
The role will be based at Alton Court, PGL's Head based Ross-on-Wye. You will not only support PGL IT users but users based at all locations in the UK, EU and Australia. Whilst based at Alton Court, the successful applicant will need to be able to travel to any of the Holidaybreak Education Division locations (UK and/or EU) if required. A full driving license and passport are essential for this role. Transport will be provided as and when travel is required. The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate a number of skills, such as IT systems problem solving and IT hardware problem solving.
Location: Ross on Wye
Contact type: Permanent
Wage: £18,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
- Providing quality Customer Service and Technical Support to all IT users throughout the Holidaybreak Education Division supporting users in UK, EU and Australia
- Recording, responding to and resolving IT Support issues across the business, and to assist the Support Engineers in maintaining the company IT systems and related infrastructure;
- Ensuring that the Division is able to take advantage of current and future technology capabilities by maintaining an awareness of developments in the IT industry.;
- Supporting the IT Operations Team in ensuring the provision of an effective service to the Business;
You will have studied computing and/or networks at college or university and have a good working knowledge or experience of some, or all, of the following:
- Operating systems – Microsoft and/or Open Source platforms;
- Active Directory;
- Phone Systems – Mitel/Siemens;
- Mobile/Tablet Support;
- ITIL framework.
Applicants also need excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to rectify and describe a technical issue/solution to users and create/maintain technical documentation for the accompanying IT systems.
PGL's Head Office is based at Alton Court, on the outskirts of the small town of Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire. Up to 170 people work at the site and as a result, PGL is one of the town's key employers. Alton Court is a sociable, energising place to work.