booking from outside the UK
Phone: 00 44 333 321 2114
Most of our camps open towards the end of July, when the majority of British schools close for the summer. Occasionally one or two of our centres open in mid July, and Dalguise, our centre in Scotland, usually opens at around the end of June. Please check our website for details of which dates are available.
We welcome many children to our centres from outside the UK and numbers will vary from week to week and centre to centre. It is not possible to predict how many overseas children will be at our centres at any one time however the centres nearest London are particularly popular with guests travelling from overseas and many choose to visit in the early part of the summer. In late July and throughout August the vast majority of guests staying at our centres will be from the UK.
If you tell us when you book that you would like your child to be roomed with other English speaking guests we will endeavour to fulfil this request however we cannot guarantee that there will be only English speaking children in their room as we do not always know every child’s nationality or first language.
Experience tells us that if your child is able to visit during August, you will find that they are likely to be able to mix with more English speaking guests.
Your child will need to be able to speak English well enough to understand the safety instructions that are an essential part of the activities we offer. We normally recommend that the child has undertaken two years of English tuition before coming to PGL.
Our holidays are about having fun and we do not offer additional English language lessons. However please rest assured that your child will have plenty of opportunities to practise and improve their English whilst speaking to our staff and other guests.
Yes! We are pleased to welcome children for more than one week.
If your children are staying for more than one week we recommend that they visit more than one centre to ensure they get the most out of their holiday. We are usually able to provide travel between many of our UK centres and then back to the airport/eurostar at the end of their holiday.
We can provide bed linen for a charge of £22 per guest per week however guests will need to bring their own towels and toiletries. Once you have booked we will send you a copy of our Final Information booklet which contains a list of suggested clothing and other useful items your child will need for their holiday.
It makes things easier for you if you have a few things prepared if you are calling us:
- Your preferred PGL holiday/s and date/s
- Your preferred centre
- Your child’s full name
- Your child’s date of birth
- Parent/guardian contact name, address and tel number
- Email address
- Any special medical/dietary/personal information relevant to your child
- Whether or not your child is able to swim 25m, 50m, is water confident or cannot swim. For some holidays and activities your child will need to be able to swim 50 metres or more.
Details of any optional extras required:
- Escorted Travel to/from the centre
- PGL Camp Kit (£20)
- Bedding (£22 per child)
- Insurance (£49 for European Union residents, £63 for not EU residents)
- Optional excursions/activities
- Debit card/credit card - Please note that due to the fee levied by card companies, a 2.5% charge will be made on all card payments made by phone. Internet bookings are not subject to credit/debit card charges.
- Cheque - Payable to ‘PGL Travel Limited’.
- Childcare Vouchers - For Childcare Voucher information, please click here
- Bank transfer (overseas guests) If you pay by bank transfer, please be aware charges incurred in your country are at your expense, and that the transaction will take up to four weeks to clear. The transfers should be made to our bankers:
Royal Bank of Scotland,
London City Office,
PO Box 412, 62/63
London, EC2R 8LA.
Sort Code: 15.10.00.
Account number: 21552286.
Account name: PGL Travel Limited
IBAN: GB70 RBOS 15100021552286
We must receive a faxed copy of the transfer within 72 hours of booking. Please quote your booking reference number, the child’s name, holiday code and holiday date on all transfers. A charge of £20 per child is made on all bookings paid by bank transfer, to cover our bank charges in the UK and the cost of additional fax, telephone and postal charges.
When you book online, input personal information or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts (or scrambles) all information you input before it is sent to us. This way nobody other than us can view or download your information.
For bookings over the phone, once we have checked availability, we will take a non-refundable deposit paid by credit/debit card in order to secure your places. Please note that if you are booking online, we require the full payment when you book.
Deposits of the following amount will be due:
- £45.00 per child for up to 4 nights
- £75.00 per child, per week for 7 nights or more
- £99.00 per child on French/Skiing/Snowboarding holidays
Once a payment has been received, you will automatically receive a confirmation invoice. This will detail exactly what has been booked, including your insurance, any optional extras and any special instructions. In the case of telephone bookings, you will need to pay the full balance 12 weeks prior to departure. To help, we’ll send you a reminder when it is due. If you think that anything is incorrect or you would like to make an addition to your booking, please contact us straight away. Please note, we reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £25.00 per child, for changing arrangements previously agreed to, including travel changes.