for Brigades and Cadets
Sun, sea, sand and success
Realise the potential in your Girls’ and Boys’ Brigade groups - bring them to the Med with PGL. You’ll see motivated, confident young people emerge as they spend time away together, enjoying a thrilling watersports experience.
Sun-drenched beaches and the warm Mediterranean Sea make an attractive backdrop for our Mediterranean watersports programmes. Whether sailing, snorkelling, kayaking or windsurfing, our experienced instructors will ensure your group members quickly acquire confidence in their new-found skills, delivering an exhilarating and rewarding experience which your group will remember for the rest of their lives.
Your group will develop new skills and experience stunning coastal landscapes.
It’s their chance to explore, learn and discover; to work together and succeed.
It’s your chance to help them believe in themselves.
Come and join us on the beautiful sandy beaches of Southern France and Spain's Mediterranean coast!
Course highlights include:
- An impressive range of sailing craft including dinghies, funboats and catamarans
- Snorkelling the clear waters of the Med
- An introduction to windsurfing and sit-on-kayaks
- An exhilarating ride on the banana boat
Experience the local culture with a day out and about – or keep up the action theme with a visit to a water park or similar attraction.
It’s everything you could wish for – we organise fun-packed evening entertainment to round off each exciting day on the water.
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4||Evening|
|Day 2||Arrival||Splash - La Fosca Beach||Have a Go Show and Disco|
|Day 3||Banana Boat - Platja d’Aro||Topper Sailing - Palamos Beach||Beach Olympics and Disco|
|Day 4||Funboat Sailing & Pico Sailing - Palamos Beach||Catamaran Sailing & Stand-up Paddle Boarding - Palamos Beach||Robots Wars and Disco|
|Day 5||Sit-on Kayaks - Castells Beach||Canoeing - Castells Beach||Superhero Auction and Disco|
|Day 6||Excursion - Waterpark||Snorkelling Preparation and Disco|
|Day 7||Snorkelling - Tossa de Mar||Talent Show and Disco|
|Day 8||Catamaran Sailing & Windsurfing - Palamos Beach||Funboat Sailing & Pico Sailing - Palamos Beach||Depart for the UK|
- Our watersports instructors know how to bring out the best in each individual. We can focus on improving teamwork, developing a particular skill or improving confidence on the water.
- With the NGB awards, your group will have the opportunity to achieve official recognition for the specific skills they have developed during their time away.
Awards & Qualifications
Looking to get qualified? Your boys and girls can take part in gaining the following NGB awards / qualifications:
- British Canoeing Paddlepower Awards
The Paddlepower Start award – for groups at a beginner level
- Paddlepower Passport – covers Safety Awareness, Paddling Skills, Varied Experiences, and Supporting Knowledge in four progressive levels.
- Royal Yachting Association - Start Sailing
To achieve stage one of this award, your Guides will learn key skills in dinghy sailing.