for Brownies and Guides
Success on the water
There’s sun, sea, sand, and so much more! Bring out the best in your Guides with a Mediterranean adventure from PGL.
The result is motivated, self-assured girls who have spent an inspiring trip away together, enjoying a thrilling watersports experience off the shores of the Costa Brava or the Languedoc coast.
Your Guides will have the chance to develop new skills and increase their confidence on the water; experience some of the most beautiful coastal landscapes; maybe pick up a bit of French or Spanish?
It’s their chance to explore, learn and discover; to practise, work together and succeed.
It’s your chance to help your Girl Guides believe in themselves.
A PGL watersports course is packed full of thrilling sessions on the water. There will normally be half a day dedicated to mastering a particular craft which means your Guides are able to enjoy two different experiences each day.
Whether it’s sailing a Pico or catamaran, snorkelling, paddling in canoes or kayaks, or riding on the banana boat – it’s an amazing experience your Guides will love.
Enjoy and experience the local area and culture with a day out and about – or visit a water park or similar attraction.
To round off a thrilling day, we’ll provide fun-packed evening entertainment sessions that are sure to engage even the quieter girls. There’s even a disco each night for those that like to strut their stuff on the dance floor!
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4||Evening|
|Day 2||Arrival||Splash - La Fosca Beach||Have a Go Show and Disco|
|Day 3||Banana Boat - Platja d’Aro||Topper Sailing - Palamos Beach||Beach Olympics and Disco|
|Day 4||Funboat Sailing & Pico Sailing - Palamos Beach||Catamaran Sailing & Stand-up Paddle Boarding - Palamos Beach||Robot Wars and Disco|
|Day 5||Sit-on Kayaks - Castells Beach||Canoeing - Castells Beach||Superhero Auction and Disco|
|Day 6||Excursion - Waterpark||Snorkelling Preparation and Disco|
|Day 7||Snorkelling - Tossa de Mar||Talent Show and Disco|
|Day 8||Catamaran Sailing & Windsurfing - Palamos Beach||Funboat Sailing & Pico Sailing - Palamos Beach||Depart for the UK|
- Our watersports instructors know how to bring out the best in each individual. We can focus on improving teamwork, developing a particular skill or improving confidence on the water.
- With the NGB awards, your Guides will have the opportunity to achieve official recognition for the specific skills they have developed during their time away.
Awards & Qualifications
Would they like a qualification? Your Guides can take part in gaining the following NGB awards / qualifications:
- British Canoe Union Paddlepower Awards
The Paddlepower Start award provides a framework for beginners in their first sessions on the water.
- Paddlepower Passport takes them through four progressive levels covering Safety Awareness, Paddling Skills, Varied Experiences, and Supporting Knowledge.
- Royal Yachting Association - Start Sailing
Your girls will learn the key skills of dinghy sailing to achieve stage one of the RYA award.
- British Sub-Aqua Club Dolphin Snorkeller award introduces your group to snorkelling with a series of fun sessions run by BSAC qualified instructors. Exclusively available at La Fosca.