Adventure in Northern France
for Cubs and Scouts
Discover another side to France
You can get even more out of a trip to France with PGL.
You’ll find an adrenalin-filled adventure course as well as an exciting itinerary of cultural excursions when you base yourself at PGL’s Château du Tertre, located at the crossroads of Normandy, Brittany and the Loire.
In its idyllic rural setting, the standard of accommodation at our château is high; our facilities are excellent and off-site excursions available to your group include local markets, as well as famous sights such as Fougères Château and Mont Saint Michel. Combine your trips out with our unique and exciting range of FREE on-site adventure activities to help your groups of cubs or scouts develop and improve their confidence and team building skills.
You’ll receive 4 x 1½ sessions of thrilling adventure activities per day, delivered by our highly trained staff, as well as your chosen itinerary of cultural and historic excursions.
We’ll also provide full staff support to you and your group throughout the day, including a tour leader to accompany you off-site.
Our staff also run a full evening programme tailored to meet your requirements. This may include our own wide range of entertainment, or can include diary writing and/or badge work or other activities of your choice.
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4||Evening|
|Day 1||Depart UK, travel to France. Arrive in time for evening meal.||Passport to the World|
|Day 2||Climbing||Archery||Rifle Shooting||Abseiling||Campfire|
|Day 3||Low Level Ropes Course||Challenge Course||Raft Building||The Have-a-Go Show|
|Day 4||Excursion Day: e.g. St Malo and Mont St Michel||Mini Olympics|
|Day 5||Canoeing with picnic lunch at riverside followed by an overnight bivouac.||Overnight Bivouac|
|Day 6||Archery||Vertical Challenge||Raft Building||Quiz Night|
|Day 7||Sailing||Mountain Biking||Survivor||Disco|
|Day 8||Depart for home after breakfast.|
- A varied and motivating combination in your itinerary means your group will learn and apply a range of new skills.
- Children’s confidence, self-esteem and ability to interact effectively with both peers and adults will all be positively affected.
- You’ll see improvements in key skills such as communication, leadership, problem solving and teamwork.
- At the end of their stay your group will return home from their experiences at PGL with raised aspirations for their future.
- It’s a perfect opportunity to help young people appreciate the benefits of health and physical fitness.