for primary schools
Make learning unforgettable
Whether it's Science, Computing, Geography or Maths, help your pupils discover a world outside the classroom.
Discover More courses explore the link between hands-on experiences and theory, creating a deeper understanding of the subject.
Mixing real-world, practical learning with adventure activities makes it meaningful and accessible.
Study is different when you take it outdoors.
See for yourself what a difference it makes.
Choose from our range of tried and tested study modules according to your group’s learning needs. Whether you’re looking for specific subject focus or a cross-curricular course - we’ll give you all the support you need to arrange the best combination.
- Habitats and Adaptations
- Everyday Chemistry
- Energy, Electricity and Forces
- Map Skills
- Mini-Beast Safari
- Soils and Plants
- Digital Effects
- PGL TV
- Shape, Space and Numbers
- Numbers and the Number System
- Handling Data
Your pupils will have all the equipment they need for practical, hands-on learning and our specialist staff ensure your specific objectives are met, without the children even realising it’s work!
To complement your studies, PGL’s unmissable adventure activities and busy programme of evening entertainment help ensure each child has even more to take home.
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|09.00-10.30||Fencing||PGL TV||Habitats and Adaptations||Abseiling|
|14.00-15.30||Mini-Beast Safari||Zip Wire||Raft Building - session 1||Depart for home|
|15.30-17.00||Arrive, unpack & orientation||Soils and Plants||Canoeing||Raft Building - session 2|
|Evening||Scavenger Hunt||The Great Egg Race||Talent Show||Disco|
Our courses follow themes designed for KS2 pupils; our instructors are trained and experienced in enabling your pupils to make links between the subject they study in school and the practical implications in the ‘real’ world – for example their experiences on a PGL adventure base.
Above all, we work with you from the outset to establish what your aims and objectives are; we then timetable the appropriate study modules and organise complementary adventure activities, often with direct links between the activities and the study.
- Data collected during outdoor activity sessions is incorporated into selected study modules, giving your pupils opportunities to develop a range of skills including investigation, observation, prediction, recording, measuring and forming conclusions.
- All our Computing modules are fully integrated into the whole PGL experience. Depending on which module they study, pupils will creatively interpret their stay at PGL or analyse data collected on site.
- Geography modules give KS2 pupils a practical introduction to the themes and areas of study in inspiring PGL locations, which offer different habitats and great learning potential.
Work can be recorded in our ICT suites / on tablets and form the basis of further work in school on your pupils’ return.