Menus & food at PGL centres
Supporting healthy eating
Changing young people’s attitudes to the outdoors and exercise lies at the heart of PGL’s ethos, and the meals we offer at our centres reflect this philosophy and complement the whole PGL experience.
We want to inspire young people with healthy activity in the outdoors and encourage them to eat better, balanced meals. Studies show that the eating habits we adopt when we’re young are carried through into later life.
To encourage children to adopt a healthy diet we work in partnership with our suppliers to provide ethically sourced ingredients and meals using healthy preparation methods. We offer a range of dishes which are attractive to children’s palates. They’re fresh, tasty, nutritious, and accompanied by plenty of salad choices.
- fresh fruit with all meals – whole and prepared for convenience
- a wide variety of healthy and nutritional salads at lunch and dinner time
- for dietary needs (medical or otherwise) and fussy eaters
- freshly made vegetarian soups for lunch and dinner
- Water and squash are available with all meals
- Semi-skimmed milk is available with breakfast
We have a network of suppliers who are continuously reviewing and who actively working to reduce the food miles.
It is a matter of pride and principle that no child leaves a PGL dining room hungry!
We always welcome your comments and would be delighted to discuss any aspect of our catering with you. If you have any comments, please let us know as soon as you can, whilst you are on centre, so we can adapt to your requirements.
Enjoy your meals at PGL!