Jobs and apprenticeships at Hillcrest
Not far from where it all began in 1957, Hillcrest overlooks the River Wye in Herefordshire.
With space for only 98 guests, Hillcrest may be one of the smallest PGL centres but it has a huge amount to offer! Just 4 miles from the market town of Ross-on-Wye and overlooking the River Wye, this converted salmon fishing lodge is perfect for outdoorsy types wanting an adventure whilst working with younger children and delivering a range of PGL activities.
With a small team of staff you will get to know everyone else that you are living with and they will soon become your surrogate family, making Hillcrest more of a home then an activity centre.
Great for: Taking up new hobbies and joining clubs, wonderful community feel within the staff team, ideal rural surroundings by the River Wye with watersports on the river and lakes, Excellent 1:1 development opportunities and wonderful cycling / walking and climbing in the area.
Season: February - October
Number of guests: 98 (7-13 year olds, School groups)
Number of staff: 30
Accommodation style: All staff are accommodated in twin and triple rooms in a purpose built chalet, adjacent to the centre.
Staff facilities at Hillcrest include:
- TV room for staff with tea and coffee making facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Staff garden with BBQ area
- Wi-Fi available for staff in communal areas
- Challenge Course
- Climbing Wall
- Initiative Exercises
- Low Level Ropes Course
- Rifle Shooting
- Street Surfing
- Zip wire
- Dragon Boating
- Forest trail
- Raft Building
On the doorstep of the Royal Forest of Dean, Hillcrest is perfectly placed for those who want to get back to nature and really use the natural environment as their playground. On your well earned days off there are plenty of opportunities for paddling, climbing, walking and mountain biking with Symonds Yat only 9 miles away, offering rapids for playboats, paddling and climbing. Ross-on-Wye will be your local town with a swimming pool, supermarket, pubs and a range of shops (and home to PGL Head Office). If you crave brighter lights, Gloucester and Hereford are small cities both about 20 miles away, with shopping facilities, leisure complexes, cinemas, pubs and clubs.
Want to know more about Hillcrest?
- There is a friendly rivalry between the ‘Wye’ centres
- Very close to where PGL all began in 1957
- Surrounded by farms, woodlands and fields where many Buzzards and other birds of prey are spotted
- Close to Ross-on-Wye, an old Market town with many cafes, shops and pubs
Key PGL Facts
Need more convincing to apply? Surely not, but if so – here are a few ‘must know’ key facts:
- we employ over 3,000 people every year
- over 400,000 guests visit a PGL centre every year
- we are experienced! We have been providing activity holidays since 1957, more than 60 years!
- we have the most competitive staff package
- we are the employer of choice within the outdoor activity industry!