Jobs and apprenticeships at Marchants Hill
On the edge of the Devil’s Punchbowl and only 1 hour from central London.
With 120 other members of staff to get to know, Marchants Hill offers the best of both worlds – green spaces and city lights. Set amongst trees in the Surrey countryside within walking distance of the Devils Punchbowl (an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) with miles of walking and cycling tracks even the most avid adventurer could be entertained for days.
If it’s the bright lights, shops and shows that you crave on your days off – you can jump on the train and be in central London in an hour. Activity bases for over 20 activities are dotted around the 45 acre centre and to top it all off – a state of the art Sports Hall (for those rainy days).
Great for: Mountain biking, spending your days off in London, adrenaline junkies (close to Thorpe Park) , meeting new friends, trying new activities and sports
Season: February - November
Number of guests: 500 (7-17 years old, Schools, Families, Unaccompanied children)
Number of staff: 120
Accommodation style: All staff stay in shared accommodation with either a communal or en-suite bathroom.
Staff facilities at Marchants Hill include:
- Staff room with TV and DVD player
- Staff laundry facilities
- On-site bar ‘Captain Jack’s’
- Mainline railway stations at Farnham & Haslemere make easy trips to London on days off
- Wi-Fi available for staff in communal areas
- Challenge course
- Climbing wall
- Giant swing
- Initiative exercises
- Jacobs Ladder
- Low level ropes course
- Raft Building
- Rifle shooting
- Sensory Trail
- Team games
- Problem solving
- Zip wire
With the Devils Punchbowl on your doorstep to explore there might only be the odd occasion when you will want to explore further on your days off and the list of possible things to do is endless. The nearest town, Haslemere is only 4 miles away and has everything you need for any emergency supplies. The mainline train service at both Haslemere and Farnham makes trips into central London or Guilford a piece of cake. On warm, summer days off the nearest beach is only 20 miles from the centre. There is also bowling, laser tag, swimming pools and lots of other activities in the area.
Marchants Hill has benefited from substantial investment over the years which mean great accommodation and facilities in addition to an amazing location.
- Marchants Hill is also home to Bethany House – a converted convent
- The Sports Hall was opened by Dame Kelly Holmes
- Has a purpose built lake
- Hosts a whole range of PGL products
Key PGL Facts
Need more convincing to apply? Surely not, but if so – here are a few ‘must know’ key facts:
- we employ over 3,000 people every year
- over 400,000 guests visit a PGL centre every year
- we are experienced! We have been providing activity holidays since 1957, more than 60 years!
- we have the most competitive staff package
- we are the employer of choice within the outdoor activity industry!