PGL Head Office
PGL currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant to join the Head Office Operations team.
Reporting to the Head of Purchasing, you will support and assist the Purchasing department with administration, including general office duties. As the Purchasing Assistant you will also be required to complete contract administration, compliance monitoring and liaise with Finance, centre staff and suppliers.
This position could be the perfect first step in to purchasing for a candidate who has the right personality, skills and ambition to make a difference quickly and learn rapidly.
The job is primarily based at Alton Court, Ross-on-Wye over fixed part-time hours, 15 hours over 3 days per week, but there is occasionally some requirement for flexibility in working hours during the year (e.g. centre visits/meetings) There may also be occasional requirements for centre/supplier visits which may also include overnight stays.
Location: Ross on Wye
Contact type: Permanent, Part time
Wage: £16,000 - £16,500 (pro rata)
- Assisting other members of the department when required in discussing purchasing matters with centres;
- Liaising on the statistics involved with utilities and the preparation of the pricing records;
- Co-ordinating central purchasing for a number of categories for all centres, specifically for corporate signage, study kit and uniforms;
- Acting as the main liaison for monitoring the Modern Slavery Act contract administration;
- Supporting the department with supply chain audits, stock management and supplier relationship management;
- Supporting with supplier meetings and minutes.
- Experience of purchasing and supplier relationships;
- Confident communication skills;
- Self-motivation and the ability to balance multiple priorities;
- Good attention to detail and organisation;
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Familiarity and confidence using Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level and other MS Office software systems with ease.
PGL's Head Office is based at Alton Court, on the outskirts of the small town of Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire. Up to 170 people work at the site and as a result, PGL is one of the town's key employers. Alton Court is a sociable, energising place to work.