total peace of mind
We put safety first, so that you can relax.
You can trust PGL to take your children’s welfare and happiness very seriously indeed. Our staff attain the highest safety standards, and we are regulated and licensed by all the appropriate bodies.
Our stringent standards fully comply with the DFE (Department for Education) guidelines. We follow national guidelines and operate fully comprehensive risk assessments. Our outstanding training programmes ensure all our staff place safety first. In this environment, children are not just safe, they feel safe. So they can really enjoy every new experience and their confidence can flourish.
We are subject to the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority regulations.
These apply to activities taking place in potentially hazardous open environment situations, such as:
- Abseiling - Boreatton Park and Osmington Bay
- Dragon Boating - Little Canada and Osmington Bay
- Improvised Rafting (Raft Building) - Osmington Bay
- Kayaking - Little Canada and Osmington Bay
- Open Canoeing - Little Canada
- Rock Climbing - Osmington Bay
- Sailing (Keelboat) - Little Canada and Osmington Bay
None of our other activities require licences because they take place in such safe environments. The Licensing Authority helpline for enquiries is 02920 755 715. PGL’s overseas centres operate to the same high safety standards as those in the UK, although they are not subject to the UK’s Adventure Activities Licensing Authority regulations.
All PGL sailing centres in France are RYA (Royal Yachting Association) recognised teaching establishments and all canoeing at our centres in France is BCU (British Canoe Union) approved.
As members of the British Activity Providers Association, we have submitted all our centres in the UK and abroad, to voluntary inspection by BAPA. This ensures our safety standards are subject to regular independent external audit even when they are outside the scope of the licensing authority. www.thebapa.org.uk The British Activity Providers Association helpline number is 01746 769982.
As we are members of ABTA, your holiday payments are also protected www.abta.com.
We’re proud of our close working relationships with sports’ governing bodies, who often help us train our staff:
- Royal Yachting Association – our main watersports bases in France and the UK are RYA recognised teaching establishments
- British Canoe Union – approves all relevant centres
- Training links with: Grand National Archery Society – British Fencing Association – Small Bore Rifle Association – British Orienteering Federation
- All our UK pony trekking centres are registered with one of the following: British Horse Society – Wales Trekking and Riding Association – Association of British Riding Schools