Mimosa and Domaine de Segries
for Brigades and Cadets
About Mimosa and Domaine de Segries
Enjoy some thrilling watersports on the Med with your Boys’ or Girls’ Brigade group and stay conveniently close to the beach at Mimosa.
Mimosa is an activity centre on the Languedoc coast that’s perfectly located to maximise your time enjoying a fantastic range of watersports on the sea!
Domaine de Segries
Discover the Ardèche with your Boys’ or Girls’ Brigade group and experience the river trip of a lifetime from your base at Domaine de Segries (aka ‘Segs’).
There’s plenty of adventure within the centre grounds to motivate and challenge your young people. Whether it’s a session on the high ropes, or an archery challenge, we’ve got it all at Segs.
- Groups - Modern frame tents equipped with solid frame beds, sleep 4
- Leaders - 6-berth, en suite chalets with living area, fridge and hot drinks facilities
Domaine de Segries
- Groups - 6-10 bedded rooms with toilets and showers nearby
- Leaders - Twin en suite rooms
- Groups - Modern tents with solid frame beds, sleep 4
- Leaders - 4-berth, en suite chalets with fridge and hot drink facilities; separate toilet and shower block
- Groups - En suite wooden chalets sleep 4-6
- Leaders - 4-berth chalets with 2 bedrooms, fridge, sink, living area, separate toilet and shower rooms, large veranda and patio
- Climbing and abseiling tower
- Easy access onto a sandy and spacious beach
- Indoor entertainment area with bar and terrace
- PGL office and supervised sickbay
- Modern toilet and shower facilities
- Shaded dining area
Domaine de Segries
- Football and volleyball pitches
- Bar and disco area
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Sheltered dining area overlooking the grounds
You can visit either the Ardèche or the Mediterranean first, where you’ll spend around three-and-a-half days at each location, with a three hour coach journey between resorts. Most groups make the most of the transfer day as an excursion opportunity.
Ardèche River Adventure
A two to three day, 19 mile, canoe descent through the spectacular Ardèche Gorge; return to base at the end of each day or experience the optional overnight bivouac.
In a full watersports programme, your students will learn to sail a range of craft including catamarans, dinghies and sit-on kayaks.
The day’s activities may be over, but the fun doesn’t stop there; our centre teams lead evening entertainment sessions to keep everyone busy - including a nightly disco.
Our centres in southern France offer a fantastic range of delicious food choices for you and your group to enjoy. We source fresh, regional produce whenever we can and you’ll always find a cultural flavour to our menus. Our aim is to ensure your group leaves feeling full and happy. If a member of your group has a specific dietary requirement or is particularly choosy about what they eat, we will always prepare something suitable. And if they’d like some more to eat, we can offer alternatives and extra food.
A continental feel
We like to provide a balance by providing food that is familiar but also by giving you an opportunity to try food that has a distinctly French flavour too!
Enjoy your food
We strive to provide quality meals wherever you are eating them – as well as a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. So, whether you are in the surroundings of our clean and pleasant dining rooms or on the banks of a river, enjoy your food with PGL!
|07.00 - 09.00||Get up, get ready and fuel up for the day ahead|
|09.15 - 12.15||Morning activities (e.g. Banana Boats on the Med or paddling on the Ardèche River)|
|12.30 - 14.00||Dry off & clean up. Time for a fresh & tasty lunch|
|14.15 - 17.15||Afternoon activities (e.g. Dinghy Sailing on the Med or canoeing in the Ardèche Gorge)|
|18.00 - 19.00||Time to eat again - a different menu each day|
|19.00 - 21.00||Talent shows, beach Olympics, team games and more. The evening entertainment programme keeps you laughing until bedtime.|
|21.00 / 21.30||Bedtime. Catch up on some zzz's and prepare to do it all over again tomorrow!|