for primary schools
3 days from £202 per person
4 days from £224 per person
France at first hand
Meeting that intriguing man at the snail farm or buying their first ice cream in faltering French is what creates those precious, take-home memories for pupils. Nothing beats being there. Our Introductory tours to France offer an inspiring mix of popular excursions to delight you and your group.
Based at one of our three centres in Normandy, Brittany or Paris, we can design an inspiring itinerary just for you. Whatever excursions you choose, your PGL Tour Leader will be there to ensure you get the most out of your trip to France. PGL's unmissable adventure activities and French-themed evening activities will also ensure it's a memorable trip for all.
Adventure Activities are optional on a France Explorer course, but can enhance the whole experience, breaking up your trip with memorable challenges.
|le petit déjeuner|
|le matin||Town trail and market||Full day of excursions & visits||Full day of excursions & visits||Depart for home after breakfast|
|le après-midi||Arrive in time for evening meal||Archery and Zip Wire||Full day of excursions & visits||Full day of excursions & visits||Optional stop at a hypermarket en route|
|le soir||Welcome tour and French Scavenger Hunt||Boules Tournament||Crêpe Evening||Disco|
- Authentic linguistic and cultural experiences leave your KS2 (P4 – P7) pupils with renewed enthusiasm for France and all things French; this leads to increased motivation and interest in French as they make the move from primary to secondary school.
- KS2 pupils find themselves in a stronger position as they join French classes at secondary school, where pupils have differing levels of French from various feeder schools.
- On-site adventure activities improve group dynamics, confidence and communication skills.
- Your pupils will get the most from their French Explorer course as it’s delivered with the support of a dedicated and trained PGL Tour Leader who will be familiar with your excursion programme and destinations.
- Your pupils receive an all-round learning experience, but above all, your group leaves France with greatly improved confidence and enthusiasm for the language and the country.
Return travel by executive coach is included in the cost of your trip. Your coach is also available for excursions once you arrive at your PGL centre, subject to EU drivers’ hours regulations.
To minimise your journey time and make the most of your time away we offer a number of Channel crossings. Dover-Calais is included as standard in the cost of our tours but alternative crossings are available on request. You can choose Dover-Dunkirk by ferry or Folkestone-Calais by Eurotunnel at no additional charge. A small supplement may apply to crossings from Portsmouth to Caen and Cherbourg. Please contact our Tour Organisers to discuss alternative Channel crossings including air and Eurostar.