for primary schools
3 days from £202 per person
4 days from £223 per person
France at first hand
Getting out there is what counts – there’s simply nothing to beat it.
It’s their first time abroad. It’s meeting that intriguing man at the snail farm or managing to buy their first ice cream in faltering French. That’s what creates those precious, take-home memories.
When it comes to your excursion programme, you can hand over all the hard work to us and simply book an Introductory Tour based at one of our three northern France centres, in Normandy, Brittany or Paris. We’ll arrange an inspiring mix of popular, tried and tested days out to delight you and your group.
Or perhaps you’d prefer something a little different? With so many years of experience behind us, we’ll happily tailor-make an itinerary just for you. We’ll create a programme to meet the unique needs of your group.
Plus - whatever excursions you choose, you’ll have a PGL Tour Leader to help things along, just to make sure you have nothing to worry about.
And to complement your excursion programme, PGL’s unmissable adventure experiences and busy programme of French-themed evening activities bring you even better value.
Adventure Activities are optional on a France Explorer course, but can enhance the whole experience, breaking up your trip with memorable challenges.
|le petit déjeuner|
|le matin||Town trail and market||Full day of excursions & visits||Full day of excursions & visits||Depart for home after breakfast|
|le après-midi||Arrive in time for evening meal||Archery and Zip Wire||Full day of excursions & visits||Full day of excursions & visits||Optional stop at a hypermarket en route|
|le soir||Welcome tour and French Scavenger Hunt||Boules Tournament||Crêpe Evening||Disco|
- Authentic linguistic and cultural experiences leave your KS2 (P4 – P7) pupils with renewed enthusiasm for France and all things French; this leads to increased motivation and interest in French as they make the move from primary to secondary school.
- KS2 pupils find themselves in a stronger position as they join French classes at secondary school, where pupils have differing levels of French from various feeder schools.
- On-site adventure activities improve group dynamics, confidence and communication skills.
- Your pupils will get the most from their French Explorer course as it’s delivered with the support of a dedicated and trained PGL Tour Leader who will be familiar with your excursion programme and destinations.
- Your pupils receive an all-round learning experience, but above all, your group leaves France with greatly improved confidence and enthusiasm for the language and the country.
Return travel by executive coach is included in the cost of your trip. Your coach is also available for excursions once you arrive at your PGL centre, subject to EU drivers’ hours regulations.
To minimise your journey time and make the most of your time away we offer a number of Channel crossings. Dover-Calais is included as standard in the cost of our tours but alternative crossings are available on request. You can choose Dover-Dunkirk by ferry or Folkestone-Calais by Eurotunnel at no additional charge. A small supplement may apply to crossings from Portsmouth to Caen and Cherbourg. Please contact our Tour Organisers to discuss alternative Channel crossings including air and Eurostar.