What to bring
What to bring
All essential activity and safety equipment is provided, but you will need to bring personal clothing, footwear, washing kits, swimwear and towels.
At PGL the atmosphere is relaxed and informal and you will only need casual clothing. Lots of old, loose, easy to wash clothing is recommended for participating in the activities. Tracksuit style trousers are warmer and more comfortable than jeans when wet.
Some activities will require particular clothes to be worn (see list below). Activity staff at the centre will advise you prior to each activity of any clothing requirement - such as long-sleeved tops or no open toed shoes.
- Bath towels
- Large Towels - for swimming and wet activities
- Several changes of underwear and socks - long socks not 'trainer' socks are required for some activities
- Swimwear - please note that men/boys may be required to wear Speedo style swimming trunks at public swimming pools in France
- Plenty of old sweatshirts/fleeces
- Plenty of strong, loose-fitting trousers/tracksuit bottoms
- 1 or 2 complete changes of clothes for the evenings
- Plenty of long sleeved shirts / t-shirts
- Shoes for wet or muddy activities - canvas / plastic / old trainers / wellington boots or walking boots
- Waterproof cagoule/jacket
- Trainers - at least one pair not open toed
- Toilet bag, shampoo, soap etc - please do not bring spray deodorants, hair-sprays etc as these set off the sensitive fire alarms
- T-shirts and shorts - for warmer weather
- Plastic water bottle
- Small rucksack - for dry clothes when off-site and excursions
- Gloves - for out of season breaks
- Torches - for tented holidays
- Guests with an early departure time are advised to bring an alarm clock
- Insect repellent
- High factor sunscreen
- Large marked envelope/bag for valuables
- Passport and EHIC for each member of the family
- Enough local currency for at least the first few days as no exchange service is available at the centre
- Sleeping bags for the overnight bivouac at Lou Valagran
- Bicycles are welcome, however locks are recommended
- Extras for babies and young children - we regret that we do not provide cots due to safety regulations, therefore you will need to bring your own travel cot and cot bedding. We can arrange high chairs but you will need to bring extras such as baby cutlery with you.