for Brownies and Guides
Fun, exhilaration and achievement
Adventure, excitement, teamwork and fun; it’s what Girlguiding is all about. It’s also what PGL adventure weekends are all about.
Our Multi-Activity courses are packed full of challenging, exciting and fun outdoor adventure activities.
Each day brings new challenges to motivate and energise young people.
We believe each girl deserves to get the maximum benefit from her course, so we’ve built more zip wires, more giant swings; more climbing towers; in short, more of the activities we know your Brownies or Guides will love. That means more opportunities to push limits, reach further and achieve more.
But it doesn’t stop there.
There’s a tailored-to-you evening programme to round off your action-packed day.
Whether it’s ‘Wacky Races’, ‘Campfire or ‘Harry Spotter’, our lively activities are guaranteed to entertain you and your group.
Or take the time to update diaries, do some badgework – the choice is entirely yours.
It’s good to know that at the end of your stay your group will return home with memories of a great trip. A trip that made a difference.
There are adrenalin rushes; muddy challenges; initiative exercises requiring thought and care.
All designed to motivate, build confidence and encourage development in more ways than one.
In fact there’s a choice of over 50 different adventure activities, led by trained instructors who support and encourage each individual.
A full list of the activities is included below. Please note that Girlguiding regulations allow Rifle Shooting for Guides and Senior Section only.
|09.00-10.30||High Ropes Course||Canoeing|
|14.00-15.30||Abseiling||Depart for home|
|15.30-17.00||Arrive at 17.00 and unpack||Jacob's Ladder|
|Evening||Welcome and talent show / badge work||Campfire|
- You’ll see your girls make progress with skills such as communication, leadership, problem solving and teamwork.
- Their confidence increases as a result of facing and overcoming personal challenges with the support of their friends, leaders and our staff.
- Working closely together in a new environment improves your unit’s social awareness.
- Girls are able to recognise the achievements of others by reaching goals as a team.
- You‘ll see improvements in personal qualities such as initiative, self-reliance, responsibility and perseverance.
- Your girls learn to appreciate and enjoy the benefits of health and physical fitness.