Safety and security
Our Code of Practice, safety and safeguarding documents contain summaries of our safety systems and procedures with regard to all the courses we run at our own centres and at hotels and other third party accommodation. They are designed to ensure that we meet all legal requirements, establish clearly the health and safety standards which must be met to meet the company’s requirements and ensure consistency across all the products that we offer.
We are very proud of our excellent school satisfaction ratings and safety record. These are due to the diligence and care of our staff and co-workers, utilising the systems and procedures that we have developed over the years and which we continue to refine.
We hope that you will find all the details you require in these documents, but if not, we will be pleased to answer any further questions on request.
Safety on Centre - supervision and support
(with your support)
(with our support)
|Daytime Adventure Activities||✔|
|Breaks and Free Time||✔|
Your PGL Group Leader (or “Groupie”) is a key member of the PGL centre team assigned to your group whose main role is to ensure the smooth running of your trip, acting as all-round support for your group.
During the course of your stay, your Groupie will:
- Meet you on arrival and organise a welcome talk and tour of the centre
- Help you organise and settle your group into their accommodation
- Ensure your group are occupied from your agreed arrival time until the evening meal
- Arrange to meet and accompany your group to all meals
- Liaise with the Party Leader and adult members of your group on a daily basis to ensure good communication throughout your stay
- Deliver a varied evening entertainment programme
- Be available after mealtimes to help supervise your group and lead PGL games
As the Party Leader and/or accompanying adult you have a number of responsibilities that will assist us in ensuring your stay is both successful and enjoyable.
We recommend that a supervising adult is present with each group during activities (some local authorities/associations insist on this so please check with your relevant stakeholders).
During the course of your stay you are also responsible for:
- Wearing your visitor's ID (provided by PGL on arrival) at all times on centre and making sure any guests visiting your group for the day sign in at reception and wear the appropriate ID badge
- The control, behaviour and pastoral care of your group and ensuring your group complies with the PGL Code of Conduct
- Ensuring one adult from your group is on centre and contactable at all times
- Ensuring that there is at least one supervising adult from your group present to assist with the supervision of children during all evening entertainment sessions
- Supervising your group within the accommodation area after the agreed time set by yourself and your Groupie
- Ensuring your group does not enter any of the activity areas outside session times
- Supervising your group during their allocated shop time (your Groupie will provide information about this)
- Ensuring that at least one supervising adult from your school/group is present for all off-site excursions, activities and field work
- Any medication brought onto the centre for a member of your group
- Deciding (with the help of our first-aid qualified staff), if any member of your group should be referred to a doctor or hospital. In some cases we may be able to assist with transport arrangements, if not, we will arrange for a taxi. Payment for taxis is the responsibility of the Party Leader
- Notifying parents of any doctor, dentist or hospital visit, or other incident affecting a member of your group, if appropriate
- Familiarising yourself with the fire procedure and following it in the event of a fire alarm (the fire procedure will be explained during your welcome talk)
- Withdrawing any member of the group from an activity, if necessary
- Informing us of any problems with your accommodation, with regards to housekeeping and maintenance issues
Safety off Centre - supervision and support
(with your support)
(with our support)
|PGL Accompanied Excursions||✔|
To avoid any confusion, we seek to ensure a clear handover of responsibility of party members from party leader to our staff and vice versa at appropriate points of the day.