Travelling in the UK
If you are travelling to a PGL centre within the UK, transport is not included in your course price; however we will be delighted to arrange competitively priced coach travel to and from your chosen centre or provide you with a quotation if required. We arrange standard coach travel for the majority of groups travelling with us. We are also happy to arrange ferry crossings for guests travelling to our centre on the Isle of Wight.
Travelling to France
Door-to-door transport is included in your course price, covering:
- Executive coach travel to and from your chosen centre
- All motoring tolls
- Short sea daytime ferry crossings with P&O Ferries (Dover-Calais), DFDS (Dover-Calais and Dover-Dunkirk) or Eurotunnel (Folkestone-Calais)
- Use of coach for excursions (subject to EU drivers’ hours rules and EU working time directive)
Please contact us for alternative ferries, Eurostar and air travel.
For up-to-date travel advice, please visit www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france. Up-to-date information about Channel crossings can be obtained by following Twitter/Facebook for the relevant operator.
We work with reputable British coach companies throughout the UK that are selected by our qualified Transport Team. They all receive regular audits, which check their operational procedures and vehicles to ensure that our strict high standards are maintained. We have contracts with more than 85 UK coach companies, all of which have passed our strict auditing process and are approved to ensure they comply with our exacting safety standards and Code of Practice.
All coaches must comply with strict UK Coaching Regulations and also our Coach Contract, including:
- Post 2009 vehicles
- 24 hour breakdown assistance
- DBS check of all drivers
- Full vehicle insurance cover
- The fitting of lap belts for use by all passengers*
- Compliance with R66 roll-over protection
*Please note that coaches hired on the Continent are not yet subject to the same legislation, however we always endeavour to ensure that these features are provided wherever possible.
In the unlikely event of a breakdown, we have procedures to ensure that your coach is repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. PGL emergency staff are on call 24 hours a day to ensure effective liaison with all parties – your coach company, the driver, our transport manager and you. Emergency contact details will be provided in your final information documents.
UK - Standard Coach 53 seats. Includes:
- Fitted seat belts meeting full UK requirements
- Forced air ventilation
- Reclining seats
- R66 roll-over protection
- Radio or CD player
- PA system
France - Executive Coach with minimum 49 seats. As standard coach plus:
- Onboard toilet and washroom
- Air conditioning/climate control
- DVD/TV system (please bring your own DVDs/CDs)