Safety is our priority
We've worked hard to be ready and have new measures in place to keep everyone safe.
"I was very impressed with the covid systems in place, very well thought out. Sanitised between families on all equipment. Staff had visors if they needed to come close. I felt very safe. It was well thought out."
Ms Rothwell-Wood, August 2020
"Your attention to detail during the strict covid 19 government advice was exceptional and the staff really were on the ball. A massive thank you to you all from our happy family!"
Mrs Jago, August 2020
"The safety and extra care taken over cleaning due to Covid was scrupulous. I honestly couldn't fault it."
Mrs Baker, August 2020
Safety is our priority
Following on from a successful summer and autumn season 2020 at PGL, and looking ahead to 2021 holidays, our focus continues to be on making sure that everyone spending time with us is safe and feels safe.
We've always prided ourselves on delivering very high safety standards whilst putting our guests at ease to be able to simply enjoy their holidays, and we want that to be the same this time around. You can be confident that when you visit any of our centres, our Covid-19 secure enhanced cleaning and social distancing procedures will be in place.
We're pleased to confirm that our approach has received the new 'Good to Go' kitemark accreditation from VisitEngland and means we have followed Government and industry guidelines, have a risk assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. Our procedures have also gained us accreditation with the AA as being 'Covid-19 confident'.
To view our accredited certificates, a summary of activity changes and our full Family Adventure Coronavirus Risk Assessment then please click here.
Can I book with another family/household?
We are able to place bookings for more than one family who wish to be roomed nearby to one another and be in the same activity sessions, provided that social distancing is maintained between each individual family / household at all times, as required by government guidelines announced in June 2020. This applies to all aspects of your stay at PGL, whether enjoying activities, spending time in your accommodation, eating in our dining rooms, or relaxing in your free time including when in PGL bars and lounges. The only exception to these social distancing requirements is where a formal ‘support bubble’ (as defined by government guidelines) permits the bubble to operate as one household together.
What changes can I expect to see at PGL centres?
We've worked hard to make a lot of changes to make sure you and your family have a great holiday in the safest way possible. These include (but are not limited to):
Social distancing measures
- One way systems
- Screens or social distancing measures at reception
- Floor markers
- New arrivals procedures
- Use of PPE
- Revised room layouts
- Removal of furniture and other items
Enhanced hygiene measures
- Use of hand sanitisers
- Not entering guest rooms to clean during a stay unless requested
- Increased hand washing routines
- Use of viricidal mist, deep clean treatments for all accommodation between stays
- Additional staff training
- Contactless payments
- Staff and guests required to wear face masks/covering in all indoor areas (for example during indoor evening entertainment, in lounge areas etc), except when seated at a table to eat and drink (unless covered under an excemption as stated on gov.uk, such as children under 11 years of age).
- Table service only in bars
- Staggered use times in our shops and dining rooms
- Maximum guest numbers set in communal spaces/ rooms
- Encouraging guests to bring their own mug/bottle to use for refreshments
Further details of all these measures and more are provided below.
Our covid-secure measures in detail
- Guests will be directed by centre staff upon arrival who will be responsible for ensuring all the relevant information about the holiday and remaining ‘covid safe’ is communicated
- Guests will be managed to ensure separation from all others at this time
- Guests will be asked to confirm that they are not experiencing any signs or symptoms of Covid infection
- A Group Leader will be assigned to each family to act as their primary contact during their holiday
- Our reception desks will be kept clear, have social distance measures in place or be fitted with a protective screen, and will display guidance for limiting the number of people in the area in order to reduce the risk of transmission
- The number of customers permitted in each building at any one time will be calculated to ensure social distancing can be maintained in line with the current Government guidance, and signage is provided at each entrance to illustrate the maximum numbers and highlight our expectations
- Hand sanitiser will be available at all entrances and must be used by everyone entering the premises to reduce the risk of transmission
- Markers will be in place to help staff and guests maintain social distancing wherever there is a need to queue
- Signage will be placed in prominent areas to remind everyone to maintain social distancing and wash their hands regularly
- Additional cleaning and sanitising will take place in areas of high congregation and frequent touch points/surfaces such as: door handles / push plates, especially in and around WCs, dining rooms, communal offices, receptions, vending machines, keypad door locks, entrances to buildings, classrooms and accommodation corridors
- Appropriate cleaning supplies will be readily available for staff and accompanying visitors to enable easy access for ‘self-service' cleaning
- Where surfaces require disinfecting we will use an antiviral disinfectant that is effective against Coronavirus; certified to European standards B:2013 + A2:2019
- One-way flows will be introduced with a separate exit where possible. An adult will supervise the entrance / exit to ensure that social distancing guidance is adhered to
- To provide maximum ventilation entrance and exit doors and windows will be open as much as possible, unless they are designated fire doors.
- Moveable soft furnishings that could harbour the Covid virus will be removed
- Furniture will be arranged to allow social distancing
- Guest timings for arrivals, use of the shop and dining rooms will be staggered to reduce the risk of transmission
- Toilet facilities provided for visitors are single occupancy only and cleaning materials will be provided to allow ‘self-cleaning’
- Bins will be (non-touch) for the disposal of PPE, tissues etc.
- Rubbish bags will be disposed of in accordance with PGL Policy
- We will ensure every team member undergoes comprehensive training in washing hands, cleaning, hygiene, social distancing and the use of PPE
- Staff will wash hands before and after shift and sanitise between tasks where possible i.e. switching from serving customers to cleaning tables
- We will ensure social distancing rules are adhered to and on any occasions, such as when administering first aid where we need to breach the guidance, a face covering and gloves will be worn
- We will split staff into dedicated work teams and keep the number of members interacting with others as low as possible
- Staff will have a change of clothes/spare uniform available for when required e.g. after dealing with virus or bodily fluids
- PPE will be issued and used in accordance with latest government recommendations including instruction on safe disposal after use
- Will be conducted in accordance with the guidance issued by the Governing Bodies of Sport and Industry sector bodies
- We will minimise the need for guests to share equipment
- We will prevent the sharing of PPE if there is a risk of transmission.
- We have a clearly defined disinfecting routine in place to disinfect relevant equipment and contact surfaces before, after and at pre-set intervals as defined in activity risk assessment
- Where social distancing cannot be maintained, Instructors will follow Government advice and wear the appropriate protective equipment
- Rooms will be cleaned and sanitised prior to occupancy in accordance with the procedures outlined in the PGL Housekeeping Manual and Health and Safety Procedures
- All accommodation rooms will be treated with a Viricidal mist prior to occupation
- Linen is laundered at 60 degrees
- Guest keys will be sanitised with a disinfectant before arrival
- Each room will be inspected and approved for use by a member of the Housekeeping Management team
- Rooms will only be cleaned during the stay at the request of the occupants
- The dining room will be clearly physically marked to ensure guests can follow a safe one-way queuing system that adheres to the latest advice regarding social distancing.
- Each dining room will have a clear entrance and exit route that avoids groups interacting with others
- Dining will be a ‘serviced model’ from the counters with the only self-service item being drinks made available on each table.
- Chairs, tables and any other touch points will be sanitized between groups visiting the dining room.
- Cutlery, crockery and paper serviettes will be provided to guests over the food counter.
- Guests will be able to order packed lunches to be eaten outside for each lunchtime.
- All condiments to be dispensed by PGL staff and no self-service available where no reusable bottle is available, sachets will be provided.
- Guests will be encouraged to bring their own drinks bottle or travel mug containing a drink to the dining room with them
- Jugs of squash and glasses will be made available on each table with re-fills of water and squash will be available during service through their Group Leader.
- The Group Leader will ensure the guests are aware of the procedures to be followed
- The use of baskets will be minimised, with handles sanitised between users
- Customers will be encouraged to avoid touching products while browsing
- Contactless payment will be encouraged and tills will be designated ‘cash’ or ‘cash and card’ to reduce the requirement to share the card reader.
- A screen will be in place at the till to reduce the risk of transmission between staff and customers
- Guests will be asked not to lean on the counter
- Staff will be assigned to a till and will be responsible for cashing up it up.
- Tills will be sanitised between users and located to allow social distancing
- Replenishment of the shop floor will only occur when guests are not in the shop
- Any goods in and out will be isolated for 72 hours before processing
- There will be no unpacked sweets available
- There will only be one person at a time in stockrooom
- Guests will be encouraged to sanitise their hands using the sanitiser provided before using the vending machines
- Table service only will be in place
- We will only accept payment using contactless credit or debit card
- Tills will be located to allow social distancing to be maintained and will be sanitised at the end of each shift.
- A system will be in place to show guests which tables have been sanitised and are ready to use
- Customers will be asked to return glasses to a clearly marked area
- Goods in will be isolated for 72 hours before being used.
- There will only be one person at a time in stockrooms
First Aid and Illness
- A comprehensive infection control policy and response plan is in place providing designated facilities to isolate and support guests and staff, should they become ill.
- If you or any member of your party develop symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay you will need to immediately contact our centre team to notify them; nobody should leave your accommodation to report. You and your family will be asked to return home to self-isolate and contact NHS track and trace.
Certificates and Risk Assessment
To download and view documents please click on the below links: