Travelling in the UK
If you are travelling to a PGL centre within the UK, transport is not included in your course price; however we will be delighted to arrange competitively priced coach travel to and from your chosen centre or provide you with a quotation if required. We arrange executive coach travel for the majority of groups travelling with us. We are also happy to arrange ferry crossings for guests travelling to our centre on the Isle of Wight.
Travelling to France
Door-to-door transport* is included in your course price, covering:
- Executive coach travel to and from your chosen centre
- All motoring tolls
- Short sea daytime ferry crossings with P&O Ferries (Dover-Calais), DFDS (Dover-Calais and Dover-Dunkirk) or Eurotunnel (Folkestone-Calais)
- Use of coach for excursions (subject to EU drivers’ hours rules and EU working time directive)
Please contact us for alternative ferries, Eurostar and air travel.
For the latest travel advice, please refer to the GOV.UK website. Up-to-date information about Channel crossings can be obtained by following Twitter/Facebook for the relevant operator.
*Unless stated otherwise in your booking documentation. Small groups may be asked to share with another uniformed group and coach travel would generally arranged from within a 50 mile radius of the Group Leader's address.
We work with reputable British coach companies throughout the UK that are selected by our qualified Transport Team. They all receive regular audits, which check their operational procedures and vehicles to ensure that our strict high standards are maintained. We have contracts with more than 85 UK coach companies, all of which have passed our strict auditing process and are approved to ensure they comply with our exacting safety standards and Code of Practice.
All coaches must comply with strict UK Coaching Regulations and also our Coach Contract, including:
- Vehicles no more than eight years old*
- 24 hour breakdown assistance
- DBS check of all drivers
- Full vehicle insurance cover
- The fitting of lap belts for use by all passengers**
- Compliance with R66 roll-over protection
*Except for local journeys and excursions where coaches may be older but still conform to safety guidelines.
**Please note that coaches hired on the Continent are not yet subject to the same legislation, however we always endeavour to ensure that these features are provided wherever possible. Local coaches will be used by groups travelling by air and Eurostar and groups organising their own flights and ferry crossings. They may also be used due to drivers’ hours restrictions or in the event of a breakdown.
In the unlikely event of a breakdown, we have procedures to ensure that your coach is repaired or replaced as quickly as possible. PGL emergency staff are on call 24 hours a day to ensure effective liaison with all parties – your coach company, the driver, our transport manager and you. Emergency contact details will be provided in your final information documents.
UK - Executive Coach 53 seats. Includes:
- Fitted seat belts meeting full UK requirements
- Forced air ventilation
- Reclining seats
- R66 roll-over protection
- Radio or CD player (please bring your own CDs)
- PA system
France - Executive Coach with minimum 49 seats. As above, plus:
- Onboard toilet and washroom
- Air conditioning/climate control
- In-coach entertainment system with DVD player (please bring your own DVDs) or USB/SD ports