The risk assessment summaries are generated from the formal risk assessment programme carried out by the senior management at each centre. All our risk assessments are moderated centrally to ensure continuity and consistency in approach.
All risk assessments are conducted at the start of each new season and are reviewed automatically after any significant change.
Such changes may be brought about by:
- Environmental change
- Personnel changes
- Client group change
- Any incident that may occur
- A development in the infrastructure of the centre
PGL Travel uses a well established and commonly used formula (which was initially devised by The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents) to grade the risk rating associated with our operations.
Grading the likelihood of injury and the severity of potential injury on two separate scales of one to five will provide a risk rating between 1 and 25.
Our interpretation being;
- 1-7 equals a low risk rating
- 8-15 equals a medium risk rating
- 16-25 equals a high risk rating
It is our standard practice to introduce suitable control measures to address medium and high risk ratings. Only low levels of risk are tolerated.
- Barton Hall, South Devon
- Bawdsey Manor, Suffolk
- Beam House, North Devon
- Boreatton Park, Shropshire
- Caythorpe Court, Lincolnshire
- Dalguise, Perthshire
- Liddington, Wiltshire
- Little Canada, Isle of Wight
- Marchants Hill, Surrey
- Osmington Bay, Dorset
- Pestalozzi, East Sussex
- Tregoyd House, Brecon Beacons
- Windmill Hill, East Sussex
- Winmarleigh Hall, Lancashire