Zell am See / Kaprun, Austria
"A brilliant facility to stay in. Everyone very welcoming and lots for the children to do. "
Cranford House School
About Club Kitzsteinhorn
The Club Kitzsteinhorn is within easy walking distance of Zell’s Areitbahn lift, which gives access to Zell’s main ski area. Alternatively groups can take the free skibus to the Kaprun ski area.
It is a short ride into either Zell or Kaprun should you feel the need to leave the ‘Club’ for an evening out. There are some shops within walking distance of the accommodation.
The hotel has three dining rooms, one of which has been refurbished and resembles Hogwarts! There is a breakfast buffet and a salad bar for the evening meal. Guests choose and make-up their own packed lunch after breakfast.
The layout of the ‘Club’ allows each group to be accommodated on the same corridor, with staff rooms on hand. (This does depend on the split of the group).
Pupil’s rooms have 4-8 beds with separate shower and toilet.
Teacher's rooms are twins, doubles or singles (subject to availability) and are all en-suite.
Guests should provide their own towels.
You may be charged a damage deposit on arrival.
- Common room
- Sauna complex for staff
- 3 traditionally furnished ‘Stüberls’
- 2 full sized sports halls (with gallery)
- Dolby surround-sound cinema
- Two-lane bowling alley (supplementary charge)
- Squash court
- Pool (billiards) and table tennis room
- Pizzeria (supplementary charge)
- Disco with mixing desk and lights
- Sports equipment provided subject to small deposit
- Indoor high ropes course (supplementary charge - approx. €15 per person - min.15 guests)
- Indoor climbing wall (supplementary charge - approx. €25 per person inc. equipment hire)
- Boulder wall
- 2 sand volleyball courts
- BBQ restaurant
- Indoor trampolines
- Chill-out lounge with free Wi-Fi
- Indoor basketball court
- Pizza/Bowling evening (in exchange for evening meal): surcharge of €5 per person payable (includes 1 soft drink)
Inclusive lift pass: 6 day Europa pass - covers all lifts in Zell am See and Kaprun, including the Kitzsteinhorn glacier
Lifts to: 3029m
Total number of lifts: 56
Marked pistes: 130km
Longest run: 6.5km
Ski bus included: Yes
Lift pass photo required: No
Snow cannon coverage: 60%
By coach: Departs Friday from school. Journey time from Calais - 16 hours.
By air: Flights to Munich. Coach transfer to resort - 3 hours.
Blue runs: 18
Red runs: 22
Black runs: 9
Beginners can enjoy top-of-the-mountain skiing - returning by gondola, gentle and open nursery slopes in the village as well as the Areitalm and the mid station of the Zellerbergbahn.
Intermediates will cover lots of ground on challenging runs and will appreciate the efficient interlinking lift system.
Swimming: Zell am See
Ice skating: Zell am See
Austrian bowling: Kaprun
Shops/Cafés: Zell am See and Kaprun
Llama walking: Kaprun
Ice hockey match (to watch): Zell am See
Pizza night: Zell am See / Kaprun
Ski show: Kaprun
Thermal baths: Kaprun
Discos: Zell am See
Mountain coaster: Kaprun
We also include a programme of free in-house evening entertainment at each of our hotels in this resort.