Salzburger Sportwelt, Austria
About Jugendhotel Markushof
The family-run youth hotel Markushof is ideal for school parties thanks to its superb location and good sport and leisure facilities. It's a 1.5km walk to the centre of Wagrain and very close to the slopes. The nearest lift is the Egg draglift next to the hotel which provides access to the beginner slopes. The Flying Mozart is also accessible from here and (snow permitting) you can ski back to the hotel.
Breakfast is served buffet style. A packed lunch is provided for the slopes and hot lunches are available on request. In the evenings there is a three-course meal with a generous salad buffet.
There is a total of 240 beds in 45 rooms spread over two buildings. Students are generally accommodated in 4-8 bedded rooms. All rooms are en suite with a separate bathroom and toilet. Teachers are mainly accommodated in twin rooms.
The Markushof has 6 dining rooms of various sizes. Large groups usually get a dining room to themselves for the week, which can be used as a meeting room and for evening activities.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ski and boot room
- Room keys available (€50 to replace)
- Safe at reception
- Many rooms have balconies
- Indoor sports hall with spectator gallery, theatre stage and multimedia facilities. (Group to provide their own equipment)
- 3 games rooms with table tennis, table football and air hockey
- 3 common rooms for group activities
- Disco room with disco lights, fog machine and DIY sound system
- Cinema, which can be used for presentations.
- Large seminar room
- Sauna (for adults only)
- 6 Internet terminals (free of charge)
- Coach parking next to the hotel
- Free access to the Wasserwelt Wagrain swimming pool (reservation required)
Please bring your own towels
Inclusive lift pass: Ski Amadé pass
Lifts to: 2168m
Total number of lifts: 270
Marked pistes: 760km
Longest run: 3.2km
Ski bus included: Yes
Lift pass photo required: No
Snow cannon coverage: 90%
By coach: Friday departure, journey time from Calais 16 hours.
By air: To Munich airport, coach transfer time to resort approx. 2½ hours.
Swimming: Wasserwelt in Wagrain / Altenmarkt
Ice Skating: Wagrain and St. Johann
Pizza Night: Wagrain
Tyrolean Evening: Wagrain
Ten-pin Bowling: Salzburg
We also include a programme of free in-house evening entertainment at each of our hotels in this resort.